It is the Parent, Teacher and Student Association. The PTSA helps to raise funds to support student activities. Our PTSA Meetings are the 1st Tuesday of every month at 6:30 PM in the Media Center.
Why join the PTSA?
The number one reason to join the Parent, Teacher and Student Association is to benefit your student and his/her experiences at South Dade Senior High School.
What are the advantages of joining the PTSA?
- Get Connected to SDSHS: There is no better way to know what is happening at South Dade Senior High School. PTSA Volunteers are often hands-on helpers for teachers and staff as well as during events and activities.
- Great Resources Offered: The PTSA offers programs designed for parents and students on a variety of subjects.
- Build Your Network: PTSA functions are a great opportunity to meet other parents and teachers, and for building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. It is a chance for you to share your ideas, concerns and experiences to make SDSHS even better!
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with SDSHS PTSA, you are able to put your skills and hobbies to use for a great cause— bettering your student and other student’s experiences in the school.
- Speak Up: PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness School Improvements: By getting actively involved at your child’s school you’ll become a part of the solution. Helping to make positive changes. SDSHS PTSA plays an important role in fundraising to provide student programs, social events and other school improvements.
- Become a Role Model: By becoming a PTSA member, you will be demonstrating to your student the importance you place on their education.
Contact the President of Membership with any questions at;
Mrs. Michelle Abbott