All questions and inquires will be handled through e-mail. email@example.com
Magnet Notifications will be posted March 30th.
Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year begins: TBA – when schools reopen and we resume a regular schedule.
What you need to know:
- We are working within unusual circumstances and information may be subject to change.
- Notifications are sent by email if you applied online or via postal mail if you applied by mail.
- Notifications might take a day or two to be distributed to all addresses by U.S. mail.
- The deadline to accept your seat (if accepted) is April 15, 2020 (see steps below).
Follow these instructions when you receive your notification:
Congratulations on being Accepted to BUC Nation through the Magnet System!
Log back into the Magnet application system to accept your chosen school. (Login at: miamimagnetapplication.com) Please note, once a school/program is selected, the other schools to which the student was accepted will be automatically declined. Once declined, a school/program will no longer be available for selection. Students will remain on the random selection list for the schools to which they are currently wait-listed.
- IF you do not have an online account, contact the M-DCPS hotline at 305-995-HELP to declare or decline your seat over the phone. Be prepared to identify yourself and verify student information.
- After accepting the seat on-line, parents must contact the accepted school directly ONCE SCHOOLS HAVE REOPENED to inquire about registration/enrollment deadlines, individual school forms as well as transportation availability (if needed).
- Parents must accept by the deadline date of April 15th, 2020 or the seat will be forfeited and go to the next student on the waiting list.
- Accepted students must be enrolled as full-time students in the accepted Magnet school/program.
- Once schools reopen parents/legal guardians must comply with school/program requirements in a timely manner to ensure program placement.
South Dade Senior High Magnet Program Registration Requirements:
Please bring the following with you to make it a BUCCTACULAR registration experience:
- Proof of residency
- Valid ID
- A print out from the Magnet System showing that you have accepted the offer.
- PRIVATE SCHOOL ONLY- Current grade @ time of registration.
Final grades are due @ the end of the year.
Looking forward to having you here!
Students will be selected from the random selection wait-list as seats become available, and will be notified electronically. Placement status is also available by checking your account in the Magnet Application System. You may change acceptance to a preferred program only if your child’s status changes from Wait-Listed to Accepted. The wait-lists for schools may change daily from now until December 31, 2020.
If Not Accepted:
The student did not meet entrance requirements. Any inquiries must be made directly to the individual school(s).
Not Accepted result(s) may include Visual & Performing Arts students who were not selected or did not schedule or attend an audition. Parents were responsible to contact school(s) for auditions.Paragraph
Thank you for your interest in Magnet Schools within Miami-Dade County Public Schools. We wish your child the best in his/her future academic endeavors.