Welcome to BUC NATION for the 2021-2022 School Year
We are so excited to have you be a part of South Dade Senior High. A school steeped in tradition and pride.
Below you will find some helpful information on accepting your seat here at South Dade Senior High for the 2021-2022 school year and how to continue in the registration process.
Accepting a Magnet Seat and Registration
Acceptance may occur in two ways:
- Parents/legal guardians log into the system to accept and/or decline the seat
- Parents/legal guardians may visit the school and submit the signed Declaration of Acceptance Letter and the school will accept the student to the program through the online system on behalf of the parent/legal guardian.
NOTE: Acceptance of a seat online will automatically decline any of the other schools to which the student was accepted.
Registration: All students registering for a Magnet program MUST have a signed Declaration of Acceptance by a parent/guardian. The registration process will continue to be handled by South Dade Senior High School starting on April 6th from 7:30 am- 1:00 pm each day. No appointment necessary.
Documentation to bring at the time of registration:
- Parent’s valid/official Identification.
- Proof of Address – Needs to be in parent’s name and currently dated. Acceptable forms of proof, Light Bill, or Water Bill, if those are not available government issued documents.
- Documentation of acceptance into the Magnet Program. Please print out the Magnet page showing the seat was accepted or email stating that they accepted the seat online.
Non-MDCPS students must also submit additional documents for registration:
- Original birth certificate or birth card – Must be original; hospital certificate not acceptable.
- Student Health Examination – DH 3040 yellow form health examination performed within one year prior to enrollment
- Florida Certificate of Immunization – DH 680 blue card from a private doctor or local health provider
For any questions, or to confirm that registration is available at the time please contact Ms. Corona at (305) 247-4244 ext. 2245
Deadline for Acceptance: Parents/legal guardians will have until March 31st to respond/accept the school/program invitations from the first wave of notices sent on March 15th. Thereafter, parents will have one week to respond in the second wave, third wave, etc.
Please Note: All rising 11th and 12th grade inquiries should contact each school directly after May 1st regarding program space availability, as well as determine if the student can be a program completer.
- Required Document Submission
- Disclosure at the Time of Registration
- Records Release
- Home Language Survey
- Emergency Contact Card
- Declaration of Acceptance
- Project Upstart
- Elective Choices-Incoming 9th Grade Students Only (Currently in 8th Grade)
- Elective Choices- Incoming 10th Grade Students (Currently in 9th Grade)
Off Cycle Application Period
Missed the application period?
Miami-Dade County Public Schools Magnet Schools opens its Off-Cycle Application period starting April 15th. Schools that have fewer applicants than seats available may be accepting applications on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning in May. Parents must contact individual schools about availability at that time. All applicants must meet entrance requirements for each program.
If you are interested in being considered for one of our Magnet Programs, fill out the Off-Cycle Magnet Application, and we will review your eligibility and space in the program.
Should you have any questions or would like more information, please contact one of our Magnet Lead Teachers:
Elena Delgado: firstname.lastname@example.org (International Baccalaureate)
Charmaine Underwood: email@example.com or (305) 247-4244 Ext.2265 (International Finance, Business, & Technology, Law Studies & Public Service, Health Science, Professional Services, and Visual & Performing Arts)
WHAT’S NEXT? At this time, we are awaiting notification from students who received acceptance letters. At that point, we will determine the available seats in each grade level. As needed, we will be contacting waitlisted students in the order of the randomized lottery list provided to us by the district office. Please note that in previous years, South Dade Senior High has accepted and enrolled students from its waitlist. It is probable that some students will be accepted from the waitlist prior to the start of the incoming school year of 2021-2022. Acceptance from the waitlist depends on your place in the waitlist order. In any case, you will be informed immediately of any change in your admission status.
We request that you please refrain from contacting the school to ask about your child’s waitlist number. WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO WAITLIST NUMBERS. The spaces are automatically populated once a seat becomes available. Therefore, it is not necessary to contact the school and ask for the waitlist number.
Once again, thank you for your interest in South Dade Senior High’s Magnet Programs. We understand that this can be a stressful time, but it is important to remember that being placed on the waiting list is not a “NO.” Your child is among a large number of highly qualified applicants whom we would love to have at our school. If space becomes available, we will contact you via the email you provided on your child’s application and inform you of the next steps.
If you applied and accepted another Magnet Program’s invitation, your decision will not impact your child’s position on the waiting list at this school.
Students who received a Not Eligible letter did not meet the admission criteria for your grade level. No further action is needed. You may apply again for admission for the 2022-2023 school year when we open the Application window on October 1, 2021. Please refer to the admission requirements the appropriate grade level.